We are all trying to lose or control our weight. Hunger can be triggered by emotions, actual physical need, or by hormone triggers including cortisol (stimulated by anxiety, fear, depression and stress).
It may be surprising to note that some of the foods we eat can also trigger hunger pangs.
Common hunger/food triggers include:
- Diet Sodas
- Fruit Juices
- Fast Foods
- Refined Cereals (packaged or even instant oatmeal)
- White Flour ( white bread, bagels, pasta, etc)
Other ways to alleviate hunger for longer periods of time:
1. Eat Protein... Protein whether found in eggs, almonds, or in whey protein powder supplements, can abate hunger for extended periods. It also promotes the healthy production of lean muscle mass.
2. Chew on Fibrous Vegetables... Vegetables such as avacados, tomatoes, green beans, lima beans, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and spinach have high fiber indexes which makes you feel fuller--longer.
3. Take those Vitamins... Bodily functions operate more efficiently with an correct intake of vitamins. Vitamins play a vital part in maintaining optimum health and weight, and many vitamins operate in concert.4. Don't forget to Exercise... Exercise also alleviates hunger as it strengthens and stimulates the body. Walking, biking, weight training, yoga all stimulate "feel good" hormones which takes the edge off of your hunger.
Keeping these things in mind can help establish healthier eating practices and ultimately help with weight management. You may be interested in learning more about Women Vitamins.